Saturday, June 13, 2009

Long Time...No Posts?

I have no excuses for my complete absence of posts. Well, I am going to try to get back into the swing of things. Just to catch everyone up, here are a few updates:

1. I will celebrate my 2-year mark as bishop on the 24th of this month. It's been a great experience. I've laughed, cried, worried, worked, and prayed like never before. I hope I can serve for much longer, but it's not up to me. I'll just make the most of the time I have.

2. Our stake is going on a Pioneer Trek later this month. What do you get when you combine 100-degree heat, no AC, camp food, and 250 Latter-day Saints (the vast majority of those being 12-18 year-old youth) walking 20 miles over 3 days? You get a great spiritual experience. I know...that is fuzzy math. But it all works out.

3. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is coming to Norman, Oklahoma! That's the good news. The bad news? The concert is on the same night that we return from the aforementioned Trek.

Check back soon for my next post. We'll talk about why temples are nice to look at, but even better to use for their intended purpose.

No comments: